CIE SPARKS – MALIBU
HAIRSTYLIST’S TO THE STARS
Heather Cie and Michael Sparks are the dynamic duo behind the new Cie Sparks salon in Malibu.
Both are protégés of LA hair titans, Chris McMillan and Tracey Cunningham. Heather worked alongside color master, Tracey Cunningham from Meche tending to the locks of Hollywood royalty, Kate Hudson, Drew Barrymore and “It” girl, Molly Sims.
Michael collaborated with Chris McMillan, who created the famous “Rachel cut” on Jennifer Aniston and still to this day makes sure that there’s not a split end in sight on Jen’s golden mane.
All that said, Michael and Heather reign supreme as the new kids on the block at Malibu’s prestigious Country Market. Boasting a long list of socialites, Hollywood types, celebrities and everyday girls, Cie and Sparks are at the top of their game driving trends and creating fresh new looks for their clients.
In regards to that, I was thrilled when Heather (who has been coloring my hair since my move from Australia to LA) suggested I have a new look for 2015.
My transformation started with a consultation with Michael who asked lots of questions about my lifestyle and how much time I wanted to spend styling my hair. After much consideration Michael decided that long hair suited me, but he did want to add layers around my face and some longer layers throughout the rest of my hair.
I watched with amazement at his precise cutting technique and couldn’t believe the passion that went into my hair cut.
After my cut, Heather weaved a combination of beige, champagne and cognac blonde throughout my hair concentrating the beige around my face to create a halo effect and finished with a clear gloss treatment for a megawatt shine.
Lastly, Michael styled my hair and gave me the “Malibu Barbie” which I absolutely loved!
I walked away from Cie Sparks feeling like a New Girl with a renewed sense of confidence and feeling beautiful! That’s the power of a simple (not drastic) makeover!
Cie Sparks’ Hair Trends for 2015
- Natural bohemian looks are always in! Achieve this look using a large curling iron once hair is dry. Crab random pieces and pull on ends. You want it to look messy not perfect!
- Sleek hair with a megawatt shine is a stunning look for those who prefer a polished look.
- Short bobs with a low side parting and lots of movement is at the top of our list right now.
- When it comes to long hair natural is always best with gradual layers and blunt ends. This allows movement and creates a more youthful look.
- Blondes Less is always more natural. Lighter around the face and less ombré. Keeping the ombré less dramatic with a finer weave looks beautiful for 2015. However, ombré allows lower maintenance for clients, which is always ideal for a busy lifestyle.
- Brunette Rich softer Browns. By making a clients hair richer and adding a service of a gloss will add body and bounce whilst leaving hair super shiny.
- Reds Softer lighter hues with natural tones look best as hair color will look real. There is nothing like a virgin red!
For more on Cie Sparks go to CieSparks.com