Ditch Your Blow-Dryer This Summer
How to – Smokey eyes
Sultry, smouldering eyes are a runway classic, as they project an alluring stare. Give yours a modern edge by applying silver, bronze or gold eyeshadow and liner along top and bottom lashes.
Here’s how to master the look.
- Start by applying a shimmery silver shadow all over the eyelid and blend upwards toward the brows.
- Using a soft kohl pencil draw a line close to top and bottom lashes and diffuse the edges with a cotton bud sweeping outwards to create a winged effect. For added definition go over the liner with a liquid liner.
- Sweep a metallic bronze eyeshadow along the brow-bone and blend it upwards and out. This will open up the eye. Curl lashes and then apply two to three coats of mascara. Viola! A sexy eye make-up.
- To give lashes a luscious look I like to firstly apply two coats of thickening mascara and whilst mascara is till damp I apply one coat of lengthening mascara. You’d be surprised how thick and long your lashes will look without a false lash in sight!
- If your under-eye area is puffy and lined keep it free of make-up and just focus on the top eye area.
- Using an eyelash curler gives eyes an instant wide-awake look and makes mascara application easier.
- For an edgy look add kohl pencil to the bottom inner eye rim and add false lashes.
Photography: David Gubert