Valentine’s Day Glamour
Get your man hooked this Valentine’s Day with my expert tips so you sizzle with an easy, edgy sex appeal that makes you irresistible!
An alluring stare will always capture the attention you want. Highlight eyes with a golden eye shadow from the lash-line to the eye crease and follow with a muted shade of mushroom or taupe along the brow bone for added definition. Then using a dark brown kohl pencil draw a line close to top lashes and wing the end upwards to make your eyes smile. Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Trafalgar, $62USD, is a clever compact with all the goods.
Fluttering lashes are a must! So transform short, stubby lashes with lashings of Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara, $23USD, to top and bottom lashes. The ultra-nourishing base strengthens and protects while the topcoat forms tiny tubes around lashes for a smudge-proof wear.
Get Cheeky! Nothing says irresistible like a rosy blush, so sweep the apples of your cheeks with Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop, $21USD, and blend upwards. It’s the perfect shade and suits most skin tones.
Kissable lips are a must so don’t play it safe with washed out colours – instead pucker up with racy reds and pretty pinks. I love Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Countess, $21USD. For a lasting pout outline lips with a lip pencil and fill in lips before you apply your lipstick or gloss. If you find that your lip pencil is a little dry, apply some moisturiser to the tip for an easier application. And remember that well moisturised lips will definitely give your lip color staying power.
For a sexier, more seductive look, try combining the shininess of a gloss and the colour of a lipstick in one. For maximum colour, apply a matching shade of gloss over your lipstick rather than using a transparent gloss.
Catch the man of your dreams with the right scent…
- Floral, fruity fragrances act as a subtle flirt alert signal. You’ll send out confident, attractive vibes that will make his head turn when you breeze on by. Floral and citrus scents also help create a romantic mood.
- Powdery and sensual scents with notes of vanilla, sandalwood and Ylang Ylang will definitely give your guy the green light to go from a humble peck on the cheek to pure bliss.
- If being single and ready to mingle is you then choose a carefree scent that contains green and citrus notes to signal to all that you’re having a brilliant time and loving your single status.
Mary’s beauty checklist…
- Less is more –beauty is about being beautiful and sexy naturally. Make-up should enhance a woman’s’ face not cover it up. All you need is a super smooth base, waterproof mascara and a luscious pout with a semi matte finish. And Voila! You’re done.
- Skincare is a necessity more so than make-up. Make sure to exfoliate regularly and use anti-ageing creams day and night. Skincare lasts a lifetime, while make-up lasts just a few hours.
- When it comes to tanning opt for a natural golden glow rather than a fake one. A frequent dose of incidental sun whilst wearing sunscreen is all that is required.
- Give yourself a daily blast of icy gold water in the shower to get your circulation going and help tighten up the pores of the skin. Follow with lashings of body moisturiser and if need be re-apply during the day.
- Smile with confidence and you’ll get noticed. There is nothing sexier than a confident woman.
- A great cut is a must as this is what can ‘make’ a woman. Layers around the face with a side parting are obligatory as they add a sense of fun and mystery.
- Layer on your fragrance so you leave an alluring scent when you enter or leave a room – one must be always ready for an encounter…
Here’s what your kissable lips tell us…
There’s no such thing as the perfect pout, but here’s what the experts say about your smooching style.
Fully Open: This is a lusty, full –on French kiss. Strictly for your man only!
Sexy: This is a long, slow, soft kiss that lasts for three days!
Half Open: This is a warm passionate, sensual kiss. Very romantic.
Rosebud: This kiss is short and sweet, the sort of kiss you’d give your friends.CREDITS
Hair by Nathan Dinatale
Make-up by Samantha Symonds