Here’s how to give yourself a DIY spa pampering.
You may not be able to visit your favorite day spa right now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do some self-pampering in the comfort of your own home.
Set the Scene
Give yourself an hour or so to totally indulge your senses to get the benefits of a pampering treatment at home. Setting the mood with scented candles and relaxing music is a must. Follow my steps…
1. Start with a soak in the tub- it’s like a mini holiday for the body and mind as it encourages you to relax. Adding a few drops of Revive Palo Alto Essential Oil, $18,will help melt away tension and mind chatter as it’s packed with soothing compounds like limonene, α-terpineol, and Carvone.
Alto Essential Oil, $18 USD
2. Giving yourself a mini- facial while you soak is ideal as the steam opens pores, allowing skin-care to be easily absorbed. Cleanse with a gentle cream cleanser, exfoliate and apply a mask for your skins concerns. A clay mask will draw out impurities, a gel texture will firm and a creamy texture will hydrate. Try, DefenAge 2-Minute Reveal Masque, $74, which is a facial in a tube!
2-Minute Reveal Masque, $74 USD
3. While your mask is on, exfoliate your body with a salt scrub high in magnesium and minerals to further relax muscles, remineralizes skin and speed up the release toxins.
Atlantic Kelp and Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub, $49 USD
4. Now apply a hair mask and soak a further 10 minutes before rinsing off face and hair mask. Gently towel dry and apply a body moisturizer and finish with a hydrating face serum.
Herbal Hydrating Serum, $30 USD
5. Wrap yourself up in a fluffy robe and sip a herbal tea to re-hydrate your inner organs quieten the mind and ground you. Tip: Re-hydrating your body is just as important as hydrating your skin.