‘Queen B’ has set a record after winning her 28th Grammy.
The star is now the most -awarded woman in Grammy’s history. “I am so honored, I’m so excited,” she said while accepting her trophy, for best R&B performance.
Taylor Swift also made history by becoming the first female artist to win album of the year three times. Her previous wins were for Fearless in 2010, the pop opus 1989 in 2016 and this year she was rewarded for her lockdown album Folklore. Only three other artists have ever won the album of the year prize three times: Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon and Frank Sinatra.
Beyoncé’s 28th Grammy was presented in honour of Black Parade, a celebration of black power and resilience, which she released last June.
“As an artist, I believe it’s my job to reflect the times, and it’s been such a difficult time,” she said as she collected the award.
“So, I wanted to uplift, encourage, celebrate all of the beautiful black queens and kings that continue to inspire me and inspire the world”.
Top Grammy’s Wins
Album of the year – Taylor Swift – Folklore
Record of the year – Billie Eilish – Everything I Wanted
Song of the year – H.E.R – I Can’t Breathe
Best new artist – Megan Thee Stallion
Best Grammy’s Makeup Look
Doja Cat’s grungy, smoky look was created by Ernesto Casillas, using Shiseido products to compliment her custom Cavalli gown.
Get the Look…
- For ultimate moisture and a flawless canvas for makeup application, I used Shiseido Ultimate Power Infusing Concentrate then, I applied the Shiseido Clear Sunscreen Stick SPF50+ which works under and over make-up.
- To finish the skin prep, I used a generous amount of the Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Cream all around the eye area.
- I dabbed the SYNCHRO SKIN Soft Blurring Primer to the T-Zones of the face to blur the pores and erase excess shine.
- For a flawless and luminous complexion, I used the Shiseido SYNCHRO Skin Radiant Lifting foundation in shade 340 Oak followed by the SYNCHRO SKIN Self Refreshing Liquid Concealer to highlight the center of the face.
- To create a barely there flush, of color, I used my fingers to apply and diffuse the Minimalist Whipped Powder Cream Blush in Eiko 04.
- Next, I used the SYNCHRO Skin Invisible Silk Loose Powder in 02 Matte to set the complexion for a long wear finish.
- To sculpt the brow, I used the Shiseido Brow Ink Trio in Deep Brown, then I applied the Kajal Ink Artist in 09 Nippon Noir all over the eyelid as a base – It’s ok to be messy, the look calls for a grungy eye!
- I further smoked out her eyes with a black eyeshadow and circled towards the temples. Then, I applied Lando Lashes in # 04 and topped this with a generous coat of Shiseido’s Controlled Chaos Mascara in Black.
- To finish the look, I used the Shiseido Vision Airy Gel Lipstick in Disrobed 506.
PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES, KEVIN MAZUR